- broad beans
- egg plant
- sweet corn
- spring onion
- most herbs
Plant flowers and vegetables together
Flowers will attract good insects which will eat pests. The more flowers, the more perfumes, which will help mask the smells of the vegetables, thus confusing the pests.
Basil will deter thrips, Marigolds inhibit nematodes, there colour will attract insects, Lavender will create an attractive smell.
Try these combinations
Vegies and herbs that go well together and benefit each other.
- Mint, thyme, sage, rosemary, cabbages, coriander, oregano, dill
- Broadbeans, beetroot, carrots, cucumber, celery
- Broccoli, celery, onions, sage, dill, oregano
- Carrots, lettuce, Tomatoes, beans, chives, sage, rosemary
- Celery and tomatoes
- Capsicum with basil, mint, parsley, carrot
- Eggplant with beans, potatoes, tomatoes
- Lettuce with carrots, strawberries, pumpkins, corn, capsicum
- Peas with carrots, beans, corn, potatoes
- Pumpkin with lettuce, corn
- Silverbeet with beans, onion
- Spinach with eggplant, celery, strawberries
- Tomatoes with carrots, celery, broccoli, parsley, rosemary
- Sweet corn with lettuce, potatoes, dill, mint
- Zucchini, with corn, carrots, broccoli
- Peas, broad beans, marigolds, egg plants, foxgloves
- Lettuce, marigolds, parsley, garlic
- Tomatoes, parsley, chives, basil, garlic
- Onion, beetroot, lavender, silverbeet,
try it and let us know your successes. Combination planting even makes the vegie patch look really festive.